Elexxer Healthcare Academy offers a training course for businesses to help them recognise and deal with mental health issues which arise in the workplace. A recent review* (October 2017) states poor mental health costs employers between £33 billion and £42 billion a year, with an annual cost to the UK economy of between £74 billion and £99 billion.
To prepare businesses for mental health and stress related illness amongst staff, with a focus on prevention rather than cure.
Who is this course for?
It is aimed at all businesses with tailored courses for SMEs and larger businesses, with sector specific courses in development.
Mental Health in the Workplace course helps large companies to :
• Develop mental health awareness among staff members
• Encourage open conversations about mental health and the support available when employees are struggling
• Provide employees with good working conditions and ensure they have a healthy work life balance and opportunities for development
• Monitor employee mental health and wellbeing
Course topics for discussion include :
• Course topics for discussion include :
• What is mental health and mental ill health?
• Stigma and discrimination
• How to spot symptoms of mental health issues in the workplace
• Non judgemental listening skills
• Supporting employees to remain, or returning to the workplace is mental health and mental ill health?